Hensol Castle Distillery Customer Privacy Notice
When you make an enquiry about the services we supply or purchase services from us, you will need to provide us with certain personal data relating to you. Your privacy is extremely important to us so we want you to know exactly how we will use that personal data.
Our full name is Hensol Castle Distillery and we are considered to be the data controller of any personal data you provide to us. This term is a legal phrase used to describe a person or entity that controls the way personal data is used and processed.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and use your account to buy products and services or redeem vouchers from us.
- When you make an online booking /purchase and check out as a guest (in this case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us.
- When you book online we capture information through cookies and similar technologies, you can manage these when you visit our site.
- When you make booking by telephone but do not have, or do not use, an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means to raise a query.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book an appointment with us.
- When you complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any on-line forms.
- When you give a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- When you use our car parks which have NPR and CCTV systems operated for the security of both clients and colleagues. These systems may record your image during your visit.
Frequently asked questions:
- What information will we hold about you?
As a customer or potential customer of Hensol Castle Distillery, we will ask you to provide us with some personal information when you make an enquiry or when you make a booking with us. This information may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your bank details or credit card information
- Your IP address, cookies, and your browsing activity where you use our website
- What will we use your information for and what are our legal bases for doing so?
We use the personal information we hold about you for a few different purposes, which we list below. Under data protection law we need to have a valid legal basis for using your personal information, we also set out below the legal bases which we will be relying upon.
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or shown an interest in
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
In these cases, the legal basis that we will be relying upon to process your personal information is because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between us.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information about product or services you have enquired about
- To obtain feedback from you and provide ongoing customer service
- To deal with any issues arising.
- To carry out credit checks where you have applied for credit
In this case, our legal basis for processing your personal information will be because the processing is in our legitimate interests, namely, to provide you with a high level of service, resolve issues and to promote our business, or in the case of credit checks to protect our financial position.
We will also use the personal information we hold about you to comply with any regulatory requirements or applicable laws and our legal basis for doing so will be that it is necessary for us to so to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
Some of the personal data we request will be required because we have a legal or contractual requirement to obtain and use the information or it is necessary for us to obtain the information to be able to enter into a contract with you. Failure to provide such information will prevent us from providing you with such goods and/or services.
While we do not carry out any automated decision-making or profiling in relation to you directly if you decide to take advantage of one of our finance offers, our finance providers use an automated system to check your credit history and confirm eligibility.
- Who do we share your information with?
From time to time we will need to share your information with other people and organisations. We will only do so where we have a legitimate legal basis for doing so and in compliance with our obligations under data protection laws.
Your information may be disclosed to other organisations or individuals in the circumstances set out below:
- Third-Party Service Providers:We use other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf such as wedding planners and audio-visual companies for conferences.
- Your IP address, cookies and your browsing activity where you use our website; specific details are available here.
- Business Transfers: In the unlikely event that Hensol Castle Distillery or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets but still subject to the promises made in this Privacy Notice.
- Protection of Hensol Castle Distillery and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hensol Castle Distillery, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations such as the Police, credit reference agencies, professional or regulatory bodies, debt collection and tracing agents for fraud protection, credit referencing and credit risk reduction.
- Where we are legally obliged to do so, e.g., to comply with a court order.
- To our professional advisers for example our lawyers or accountants when they need it to give us their professional advice.
- To other suppliers where you have shown an interest in their products
- To manufacturers in order to register warranties
We do not transfer any of your personal data outside the European Economic Area unless the organisation we are sharing the data with is either approved by the European Commission as providing adequate protection or there are appropriate safeguards in place in accordance with GDPR.
We review the ways we use your information regularly. In doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it. If we make any such changes, and it is relevant to you, we will contact you to notify you.
- How long do we keep your information for?
To make sure we meet our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we only hold on to your personal data for as long as we actually need it for the purposes, we acquired it for in the first place.
The only exceptions to this are for documents that we may need to rely on in evidence against a future claim against the business; for example, accident forms, which we hold indefinitely. We will retain your contact details for direct marketing purposes unless and until you inform us that you no longer wish to receive direct marketing information from us.
- How do we protect your personal data
We know how important data security is to all our customers and we always take the utmost care with your data and take all necessary steps to protect it.
All transactional areas of our website use https technology ensuring that your information is safe. You will notice this in the corner of your screen, there will be a padlock showing you our website is secure.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and encrypted to ensure it is protected.
We monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
6. Individual rights
Data protection legislation provides individuals with a number of different rights in relation to their data. For example, you have the right to ask us whether we hold information about you and if so, to obtain certain details about that information and/or the information itself. Exercising this right is commonly known as a “subject access request”. Certain exemptions and conditions apply to this right.
There are other rights which you also may be able to exercise such as the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, to object to the processing of personal data, to require the erasure of personal data or to have the processing of your personal data restricted as well as the right to have electronic data made portable. All these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions.
To obtain further information about these rights please see the ICO website – www.ico.gov.uk. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or if you want to advise us of changes to your personal details, you can email us at email@example.com
or write to us Privacy Team, Hensol Castle, Hensol Park, Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan,
- Where to get more information about your data protection rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make relevant information accessible on their website – www.ico.gov.uk.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue you have with us first. We will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
8. Contact us
You are welcome to get in touch with us to discuss your information at any time. Our contact details are here you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Privacy Team, Hensol Castle, Hensol Park, Hensol, Vale of Glamorgan, CF72 8J